Sales | Austin, TX | Apply Now
SeekOps Inc. develops and deploys advanced sensor technology for the energy sector to detect, localize, and quantify methane emissions through integrated drone-based systems. SeekOps’ unique sensor design eliminates false positive readings and localizes emissions sources to provide actionable data to oil and gas and biogas operators in the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Middle East. Backed by funding from the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative Climate Investments (OGCI-CI), Equinor Technology Ventures (ETV), and Schlumberger Technology Ventures, SeekOps provides best-in-class technology to meet increasingly stringent environmental, sustainability and governance (ESG) reporting requirements, and enables customers worldwide to realize their goal of reducing methane intensity from operations.
In order to address the expanded global market demand for its services while positioning the company for increased growth, SeekOps is seeking a Sales Director – Renewable Natural Gas (RNG). This position will be responsible for growing market opportunities for SeekOps products and services in renewable natural gas sectors, including dairy biogas, landfills, other RNG-related verticals and utilities. The RNG Sales Director will be a key member of the global sales team, reporting to the Vice President – Business Development and working alongside SeekOps’ engineering and operations teams.
- Interface directly with Energy Companies, RNG & Landfill Operators, and other strategic RNG service partners to promote/sell SeekOps products and services.
- Execute action plans to maintain customer base and increase the company’s share of their business.
- Responsible for the coordination of pricing and proposals within region.
- Responsible for achieving budgeted regional sales goals and objectives.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering customer presentations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing and targeting plans as needed.
- Support activities of Technical Services, Operations, and Inside Sales.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing in accordance with the regional pricing structure, while answering requests for quotation in a timely manner.
- Responsible for coordinating trade and technical conferences within the region.
- Responsible for coordination of marketing material, promotional items and display products.
- Manage a sales budget and forecasting formulation for the region; control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Develop and manage targets and timelines for key account growth; manage client relationships and create an extended link to the customer.
- Support third party drone service providers and other SeekOps strategic partners with corporate accounts.
- Prepare and perform technical / educational presentations to engineers and representatives of energy producing companies and service suppliers.
- Responsible for direct technical sales to customer corporate offices; provide/coordinate technical support to our partners’ field sales personnel and our customers’ field offices in the US.
- Develop market and technical issues intelligence (research and reporting).
- Report on sales meetings and market activities on a regular basis; represent SeekOps at various technical associations and conferences.
- Identify new technical, sales and product development opportunities, particularly in related markets such as mining, wastewater and utilities.
- Travel expected up to 50% of the time.
Ideal Candidate Experience
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in RNG-related technical sales and existing relationships within the RNG market and energy industry, especially biogas/biodigestion and landfill operations.Adaptive and entrepreneurial with a strong commercial mindset, the Successful Candidate will demonstrate a solutions sales approach, always acting in the best interests of the business and the customer.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in technical sales, with a minimum of 5 years selling to customers in RNG/Biogas/Landfill markets.
- Direct or closely associated O&G industry experience is desired.
- Experience promoting new technology is desired.
- Good understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven ability to multitask in a culturally diverse environment.
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management and contract negotiation.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and a proactive business style.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment; flexible and comfortable working in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
SeekOps offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes competitive salary, health benefits, 401(k), PTO and more.