Ops | Aberdeen, Aberdeen City | Apply Now
SeekOps Inc. develops state-of-the-art trace gas sensors for clients in the energy, waste management, environmental science, and occupational safety industries. We are looking for a field technician in Aberdeen to assist SeekOps European drone service provider (DSP) partnership interactions. We’ll be solving interesting problems at the intersection of photonics, manufacturing, robotics, and consumer electronics. This position is responsible for SeekOps hardware troubleshooting, working closely with SeekOps’ partners in Europe, and handling logistics of shipments between the US, UK, and EU.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Following troubleshooting and testing procedures outlined by Engineers
- Liaise between SeekOps HQ in Austin and SeekOps’ service partners in Europe – ensuring hardware is serviced and received on time
- Testing and verification
- Inventory tracking
- Tracking key operational performance and safety metrics
- Troubleshoot using a systematic approach and repair electronics
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, or natural sciences
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as an electronic device technician working hands-on in a shop environment
- Proficient in computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and repair
- First principles approach to problem solving
- Systems engineering experience
- Strong technical communicator, able to convey complicated topics to a naive audience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Background working in an ISO 9001 environment or other Quality Management System
- Flexibility/adaptability in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Experience working with vendors to manage orders, contracts, etc.
- Oil and gas field operations experience preferred
- Second language (French, German, Spanish, Dutch, etc) preferred